In our manual you can find more detailed information on our Qups and how to use them, an how NOT to use them. Also available in PDF file.
1.1 Who is the Qup intended for?
The Qup is intended for women who miss a full breast for any reason.
2. Product description
2.1 Intended use
The Qup is made to fill the bra where the breast is missing. The Qups can both be worn well during daily activities and during sleep, sports and swimming. The Qup is meant to:
- Fill your bra
- Empower you to feel great about yourself
- give you comfort
2.2 Unintended use
The Qup is not intended to
- Solve medical problems after losing a breast.
- Solve balance problems
- Solve edema
- Guarantee perfect symmetry
2.3 Product features Qups
Qups are comfortable, both in practical use and while wearing. This high level of comfort contributes to the overall mental health of women without breasts.
There are two types of Qups: the lightweight SoftQup and the weighted PearlQup. The Softqups are ultra-lightweight, moisture-regulating and skin-friendly. The PearlQups have the same characteristics as the SoftQups, but with added optimized weight per size.
- Ultra Lightweight (softqups) >> This Qup does not add weight to your body, but helps your body to regain its own personal balance after losing a breast. A lightweight bra filling that provides pleasant wearing comfort.
- Optimal weight (pearlqups) >> For larger sizes, a small weight has been added to slightly balance the weight of the remaining breast. This weight has been chosen in such a way that it contributes to the balance, but does not form a major burden for shoulders and neck. This keeps the wearing comfort high.
- Moisture regulating >> Daily carrying a bra-form is only pleasant if it is breathable and thus contributes to the moisture regulation of your body. When your body is warmed up (due to sports, hot flashes or warm weather) you will not experience any discomfort when wearing Qups.
- Skin friendly>> The cotton finish of the Qups ensures that there is no irritation on the skin.
The shape has been optimized in sizing on a wide range of standard lingerie. The Softqup is available in prosthetic sizes 2/3 (XSmall), 4/5 (Small), 6/7 (Medium), 8/9 (Large), 10/11 (XLarge) and 12/13 (XXLarge). The ParelQup is available in four sizes, size M, L, XL and XXL.
2.5 Product elements Qups
A Qup is a bust made of ultra-soft foam, covered with high-quality organic cotton jersey.
Soft filling 100% polyurethane (Oeko-Tex standard)
- The core is made of high-quality reticulated polyurethane foam (Oeko-Tex standard). This form is machine cut to shape the roundings of lingerie sizes. The back of the core is slightly concave for optimum compressibility and temperature regulation. The selected foam is selected to have the correct compressibility, thus resulting in the desired wearing comfort.
Shell fabric version Qup 95% cotton 5% elastane (Oeko Tex and GOTS certified)
- The cover is applied manually, that’s why there may be minimal differences between the Qups. The outerwear consists of a jersey (Single Knit) of sustainable cotton and a maximum of 5% elastane. The fabrics are Global Organic Textiles Standard (GOTS) certified.
- Limited Edition Qups might have a shell that is made of non-certified fashion fabrics.
Shell fabric versie SportQup 90% polyester 10% lycra
- The cover is applied manually, that’s why there may be minimal differences between the Qups. The shell is made of a spacer polyester fabric with a maximum of 10% lycra. As a result, the quick-drying capacity of this Qup is higher.
Weight filling (Pearlqups) 100% glass
- The filling that gives weight to the pearl qups consists of polished glass pearls, similar to those used to weight stuffed animals. These pearls give the right weight/volume ratio so that they fit the cavity of the Qups. The number of glass beads in the ParelQups depends on the size. 60 grams have been added to the sizes M and L, to the mat XL 90 grams and XXL 120 grams.
The composition of the Qups is as follows:
- SoftQup: Shell fabric, 95% cotton 5% elastane – Filling, 100% polyurethane
- SoftQup Sport: Shell fabric, 90% polyester 10% lycra – Filling, 100% polyurethane
- PearlQup: Shell fabric, 95% cotton 5% elastane – Filling, 100% polyurethane – Weight filling, 100% glass
- PearlQup Sport: Shell fabric, 90% polyester 10% lycra – Filling, 100% polyurethane – Weight filling, 100% glass
2.7 Technical data
3. Safety instructions
The product is not classified as dangerous, does not contain any hazardous substances and does not pose a health hazard (if used according to instructions).
3.2 Balance issues
The Qup cannot cause any balance issues, as the Qup does not add a substantial weight. It is your personal body balance that you need to regain after losing a breast. If you feel you need more/other weight to find your balance, we advise you to consult your doctor or therapist.
The Qups can be worn in various ways in combination with lingerie
- Wear the qups in regular lingerie by sewing it along the three pre-existing darts. A sewing kit is included on request. A short video tutorial is available on our site for attaching with needle and thread.
- Wear the qups in regular lingerie by fixing them with fashion tape
- Wear the qups in a standard prosthetic bra
- Wear the qups in regular bras with pockets
- Wear the qups in shirts or body’s with pockets
4.2 Sports and Qups
The Qups are easy to use during sports. The moisture regulating features prevent sweat problems. For extra comfort during exercise, use the SportQup, which is finished with quick dry fabric.
The Qups can take over odors such as sweat and smoke. In that case, the smell can easily be dispelled by washing the Qup at 30 degrees.
The Qups are washable at 30 degrees, preferably in a hand wash or a hand wash program. Due to the moisture-regulating characteristics, the Qups dry quickly. Centrifugation is not recommended for the ParelQups.
Does the cover separate from the core? Then sew it back on, or send it back to ProudBreast so we can sew it back on. View the warranty conditions on our site for further repair options.
5.3 Problem solving
Do you run into problems using the Qups? Please contact ProudBreast via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 6 17033887. We are more than happy to help you out, and update our information for all our users.
6.1 End of lifetime
Do you want to dispose of used Qups? There are three options:
- You throw the Qup away with the residual waste
- You send your Qup back to ProudBreast. We may be able to reuse the foams for other applications.
- You find a charity that donates used prostheses to less developed countries. In the Netherlands we work with www.protesisdemama.nl
6.2 Disposal of packaging
- Via online purchase you will receive the Qup in paper shipping bags or shipping boxes, these can go with your paper-garbage
- You will receive the Qup in a cardboard box via Retail purchase, these can go with your paper-garbage
- During promotions, you may receive packaging made of recyclable plastic, i.e. bags or ziplocks for longer use. Use them well. These can go with the regular plastic garbage at the end of their life.